Twists and Turns (Pittsburgh Recording)

Most of our songs come from time alone. Alyssa and I often write a song and then help shape it together into its final form. Twists and Turns came about differently. I picked up my guitar and just started strumming in open "E". Meaning my guitar was tuned differently than normal. I played about the simplest thing I could imagine, just enjoying the tone of the guitar in this different tuning. Alyssa was in the room, she basically said keep playing. I think I immediately threw in several different chords, picked up the tempo a little... she said no, Just play that chord. About two minutes later we had the beginnings of "Twists and Turns." It's been a discipline for me to not complicate things, keep songs simple, keep life a bit more simple. Some music is complex, impressive, difficult... this song is not. But the recording of Twists and Turns is beautiful, it's simple subtleties, vocal harmonies, and slow pace give it the exact feel we wanted. Take a listen, see what you think, consider paying for it so we can continue making music.




Comments

Popular Posts