Solace of Recording

This year, the past 12 months, have been the worst. I know many of you agree. While many in this world have had harder times that I have, these months have been the hardest in my life. But, music has continued to be a place of reflection, creation and solace. 

Over the past year I've begun three full length albums with a mix of different friends. Last weekend I continued work on an ambient instrumental album with This Side of Eve drummer and bass player from years past, Ian White. Together we have worked on so much music, but it's been years since we played together. Upon hearing that I am working on this particular project Ian was excited to lay down some drum tracks and some noise tracks. Ian's ear for music is uncanny. I constantly compare other drummers to Ian and often explain that he's a musician first who plays the drums. And it's true, on our past albums he's played bass, guitar and more often drums. In the earliest form of This Side of Eve our first Andy Wessel was our drummer and Ian played bass. Today it's rare that Alyssa and I get to play with Ian or Andy, so it was a great joy to do some recording together. I'm excited to share our creations with you soon. If I can get my wonderful wife to work on her parts (hint, hint) we'll be very close to having a completed work. Here are three early versions of songs from that project that I released last spring.

Comments

Popular Posts