Work at the Farm


There's a lot getting done at Garfield Community Farm and Odessa Garden this spring. Already we've had some great work days with volunteers from Beulah Church, Oakmont Church, of course The Open Door Church, CMU, East Liberty Church, and more. I've been putting in lots of hours over the past few weeks on my own and with my co-worker, Kelly too. We're tripling our growing space this year and so have a lot of spring work to get done. I feel so behind already, but mainly just because it feels like summer outside, not early April. Today I got some work done on a water collection system for the Odessa Garden, planted some onions and potatoes over there, and still have our volunteer event tonight at six.

All this preparation is leading to gardens that will provide produce for our Pilot CSA this year, our first partnership with a restaurant, and hopefully a lot more food for the Valley View food bank.

I'm excited that next week we'll have our first crop of greens ready to offer to Franktuary, the restaurant who we're working with, and soon to our CSA customers as an early season addition.

Comments

Popular Posts