Skyline


I just spent an amazing two days riding the 106 miles of Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park this weekend. I went with my dad, my father in law and our friend Greg. This was the 20th anaversary of me riding Skyline Drive, the first time was when I was nine years old, I didn't finish the whole thing that time, but I did make it up the first 4+ mile hill. This year none of us were in great shape (my dad had trained better than the rest of us though). My lack of training forced me to slow down a bit and enjoy the ride (at least when my quads weren't screaming from the lactic acid build up on the first day.)

I've learned that I need to get away periodically, as we all do. Sometimes it's the only way to listen to God and see what he's doing around and inside of us. I'm hoping we can plan a more extensive bike trip for this summer, and actually train for it!

Skyline Drive in Virginia is beautiful and very mountainous. You need to visit if you never have. Great hiking, biking and camping.

Comments

Popular Posts