Death Cab


Over the past year I've been into The Postal Service. This Postal Service consists of two members, Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello, and they don't really have anything to do with mail. They're two musicians who create pop-electronica music. Last week Gibbard released an brand new ablum with his rock band, Death Cab for Cutie. This new album is one of my favorites of the year. The songs on this album remind me of why I love music so much, why I must create my own. Death Cab has created one of those albums that musically amazes me, and yet there is no guitar solo, no amazing technical musicianship, nothing that is has never been done before. But Death Cab knew exactly where I think pop music needed to be propelled. This album WILL propel the creation of music in a new direction. It will be listed by many as an influential album.

Music is just an amazing thing. What is it really? Just sounds, pulses, tones, that when put together humans enjoy. It's something much deeper than that. Something that proves to me that there is a creator. This album is one of those that brings back memories on it first listen, stirs up emotions, and creates moods. Somehow the beauty of this album is that it reminds me of why I love music and it propells me to create my own.

Comments

Azil said…
I also am a huge fan of DCFC and PS. I love the majestic rhthyms and poetic lyrics too clever for me to think up on my own. I love music since I think before I was born...Aside from my spiritual faith, I have had been playing and creating music of my own as a means to give me balance in life...However, it was only lately out of a spiritual crisis that I decided to maybe refocus my music in a more faith based direction. As of now, my voice has been undergoing changes, quite frustrating, which I thought God must have been sending me a trial...But it is inspiring to know that there are musicians like yourself who are also just as inspired by the same music I am influenced by. In the same respect, brings deeper meaning knowing it comes from a person of faith....! Rock on!

Popular Posts