Happy Birthday to Me!


Today is my birthday! If you know me, you know I actually don't get all that excited about my own birthday. I'm 28 today. Alyssa and my parents took me out to a Mexican restaurant in Oakland called La Fiesta. My favorite Mexican restaurant is Mad Mex, it's really California style Tex Mex, if that makes sense. I like the food at La Fiesta, but I didn't know it was BYOB, too bad, it would have been a perfect meal with a Negra Modelo or even a Corona. Alyssa and my parents were were going to buy me a new little Vox amp for my guitar, but the guitar shop was closed, they say we'll get it on Monday, oh well, that cool.

Last night Alyssa and I went to our first child birth class, neither of us learned much we didn't already know, except for some detailed info on the female anatomy that I'll not share here. Last night I think I felt the baby's knee poking at Alyssa's belly. It's becoming more and more real that we're going to be parents! This appartment is not nearly ready. We've moved a bunch of stuff around trying to make room, but now things just look a mess, it'll come together. The doctor could tell that the baby was possitioned right, so we're probably not going to get another ultrasound... buy us yellow and green for the baby! Check out the ultrasound, can you tell if it's a boy or girl? That's an old one from like week 10!

Mixing is done on the new This Side of Eve album, I'm really excited to get it mastered and get the press kits in the hands of some people. I think this album is good, at least I like it! It's a real colaboration between us all and it represents much more musical diversity than we've ever gotten into in the past. We'll release 2 or 3 songs on I-Tunes in a few weeks, I'll let you know.

Comments

bj woodworth said…
Happy Birthday my brother! I did not even know. I am sorry I missed it! We need a Sharp Edge trip to celebrate!
John said…
Sharp Edge sounds good to me! Tell me when!

Popular Posts